Leveraging Grant and Initiative Impact with Program Offices
Please plan to attend the next in our series of workshops for our colleagues in the funding community: Leveraging Grant and Initiative Impact with Program Offices. From experience, Community Partners® knows that at all times – and especially in a tight and uncertain economy – leaders and staff of funding organizations want every available strategy at their fingertips to address a host of continuing concerns, including:
- grantee strengthening and convening;
- long-term grant initiative management,
- needs assessment;
- program development and accountability;
- re-granting; and,
- detailed grant oversight.
Meeting these and other needs, off-site program offices serve as proven, flexible tools for many foundations and funder collaboratives and have been in use for decades. Continuing our commitment to sharing widely what we know, Community Partners has pulled together lessons and cases from several program office examples locally and around the country. We want to share with our funder colleagues in Southern California what we have gathered about best practices in this arena.
Please join me for a morning workshop in which we will:
- examine examples of how program offices work;
- explore the advantages and pitfalls of using a program office;
- hear from a panel of funders who established and used off-site program offices to implement and oversee initiatives; and,
- identify capabilities to look for when assessing resources for establishing a program office.
The workshop will take place on Thursday, April 14, 2009 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Yosemite B Room at:
The California Endowment
Center for Healthy Communities
1000 North Alameda Street
Los Angeles, CA90012
We will host breakfast. Please RSVP with Amanda Charles by emailing her at
, or calling (213) 346-3220. Please register by February 6, 2009.
We look forward to this opportunity to share ideas and experiences.
President & CEO, Community Partners